Jeep Lift Kits
No doubt you’ve noticed lifted Jeep vehicles rolling around Suffolk and Smithfield. And there is no denying they look pretty cool. Maybe you’re thinking about lifting yourJeep vehicle. Should you lift your vehicle? What are the benefits of doing that? There are pros and cons to lifting a Jeep. So, before you start shopping for Jeep lift kits, read the handy guide below.
What Do Jeep Lift Kits Do?
More and more Chesapeake drivers are opting to install Jeep lift kits on their vehicles. What can these kits do for your vehicle? Here are some of the benefits:
- A lifted Wrangler has higher clearance.
- A vehicle fitted with a Jeep Wrangler lift kit can accommodate bigger tires.
- Jeep lift kits include heavier-duty springs, which is better for rough terrain.
- The higher suspension makes it easier to climb steep inclines.
Should You Be Shopping for Jeep Lift Kits?
Should you be shopping for Jeep lift kits? That depends. A lifted Jeep vehicle can be great for off-roading but is not necessarily ideal for towing. Here are some of the pros and cons:
Pros of Installing Jeep Lift Kits
- Higher clearance is better for climbing over rocks and other obstacles when off-roading.
- Easier to cross streams and shallow rivers
- Lifted Jeep vehicles look great!
Cons of Installing Jeep Lift Kits
- Added weight can negatively impact maximum towing capacity
- Higher center of gravity can make navigating tight curves on our Franklin roads more dangerous (this can be mitigated by adding bigger tires).
Types of Jeep Lift Kits
There are multiple kinds of Jeep lift kits. Here is a list of them with their differences so you can decide which is right for you:
- Body Lift Kit – Adds 1-3 inches. Inexpensive. Mostly for cosmetic purposes.
- Budget Boost / Coil Spring Spacers – 1-5 inches. Mostly for cosmetic purposes. Minimal suspension modification.
- Coil Lift Kit – 2-3.5 inches. Good for off-roading.
- Short Arm Lift Kit – 2-6 inches. Major suspension modification. Popular with off-roaders.
- Long Arm Lift Kit – 3-6.5 inches. High-end. Should be installed by professionals.
Discover Jeep Vehicles at Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of your next vehicle? Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has helped lots of customers just like you from Portsmouth and beyond to find the car that’s just right for them. You can start today by filling out our online finance application. Feel free to contact us today! Also be sure to learn more about how much a RAM 1500 can tow with our team.
More from Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The Jeep Renegade is a vehicle that’s been powering drives in Suffolk for years. You’ve got a lot to love in this vehicle, including a powerful engine and a rugged exterior style. When it comes to the Jeep Renegade colors, you’ve got plenty to pick from both inside and out. The Jeep Renegade exterior…
The Dodge Charger features and specifications aren’t the only impressive aspects of this four-door muscle car. You’ll also be impressed by the standard 292-hp 3.6L V-6 engine, the 23 combined mpg rating, and the seven unique Dodge Charger trim levels. The 2021 Dodge Charger colors give this sports car yet another level on style and…
Franklin drivers often ask us at Franklin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” The 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity varies depending on the engine and configuration, but you get a maximum towing capacity 12,750 pounds with the available 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine. Read on to learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity, and…